The Magic Brush are currently stocking Tinsley FX Transfers to get us all ready for Halloween 2017!!
So its September already, which means The Magic Brush is beginning to get hyped up for Halloween next month. To kick it off we are introducing Tinsley FX Transfers!
We are loving playing around with these transfers as they are so FREAKing easy to apply; with just water! NO GLUE NEEDED! Make getting yourself ready for your next event *cough cough* Halloween super easy.
To show you just how easy it is, we got one of our girls Charisse Dinglasan, an aspiring SFX/makeup artist to apply a transfer on herself for the first time on video just for you.
HINT: If any edges are sticking up or didn’t stick to your skin straight away just press back down with a wet finger.
You don’t need to be a makeup artist to apply a Tinsley FX Transfer as they are applied just the same as a temporary tattoo. Let’s face it, if we can cover ourselves in temporary tattoos as kids, we can definitely get these Tinsley FX Transfers looking wicked!
- Firstly, make sure the area you are applying your transfer is clean, no makeup, moisturizer, oily skin etc so even if your don’t have makeup on a facial wipe is recommended before applying.
- remove the plastic cover with the appliance on it off of the adhesive paper, now turn the plastic cover and place appliance face down on your adhesive paper lining up your edges. Press down to remove all the air bubbles.
- Remove the plastic cover, leaving the appliance face down on the adhesive paper.
- Place transfer side to your skin and hold down whilst you use a damp sponge or flannel to dampen the paper side of the transfer.
- Peel off the backing and VIOLA!
- Dress your design up or down how ever you like, bloods, face paints, bruise wheels, costume, use what ever you need to complete your look!
Options are endless, with a large variety of options we can create anything from a rotting zombie to a pop art zombie! From a werewolf, vampire, Frankenstein, or get creative with it, mix and match transfers, teeth and lenses and create your own creature, animal, demon or even something prettier like a Forest Gnome!
Image from the Tinsley FX website
There is something for everyone, find a transfer you like and think beyond the gods for a design that is new and creative and you will be the talk of the town!
Let’s Make your Halloween SFX Makeup awesome!