Flat split cake brushes by Global colours are the perfect addition to any face painter or artist’s kit. We recommend using these brushes with water based product.
They are designed by an award-winning body artist to meet the specific needs of face and body painters and are used by artists world wide. These flat split brushes are synthetic and superior Golden Taklon. They have that necessary firm spring-back and shorter bristle length, giving you maximum control over your line work.
Flat split cake brushes by Global colours have black acrylic handles which means they won’t flake like wooden handles. They also have a tapered handle for sectioning paints and densely packed nickel plated ferrules that leave no space for water and paint to get trapped. This feature makes them easy to clean, and quick and hygienic to dry.
Flat split cake brushes can be used on split cakes, one strokes, fun strokes, rainbow cakes and much more!
Designed to work perfectly with Global’s popular Fun Strokes, the 1/2 inch flat has the ideal level of resistance to load quickly and provide greater control over your one stroke designs. The 1/2 inch flat brush will pick up half of the colours in a Fun Stroke palette at once, which will give you the ability to use just certain selected colours within your Fun Stroke. But also more importantly to use in conjunction with your 1 Inch Flat to provide variety and perspective within your design.
Eg. Use your 1 inch brush for your petals, and a ½ inch brush for your leaves. Flat brushes are also ideal for lettering and getting into right angles. Also try butterfly edges with these!
To clean and sanitize brushes while face painting –
Ensure you fill your atomizer spray bottle or cup of water with warm water and a few drops of dettol to keep the brushes sanitized and hygienically clean during the job.
To clean and sanitize thoroughly –
- We recommend rinsing all the excess paint and product out with baby shampoo to keep your bristles clean and hydrated.
- Once all excess paint has been removed, we recommend using a brush cleaner or Isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean and sanitize your Global colours round pointed brushes.
- Ensure brushes are adjusted back to a point, and then lay flat to dry on a towel. This will remove any excess water.
- To get the most use out of your brushes, don’t dry your brushes standing up as the excess water runs down the brushes and into the bristles, weakening the strength of the glue.
- You should clean and sanitize your brushes thoroughly after every face painting gig, before storing your brushes away.