EcoStardust was launched in April 2017 and is an eco-conscious company selling biodegradable glitter made from a plant cellulose, derived predominantly from non-GMO sustainably farmed Eucalyptus Trees.
All of their glitter is biodegradable and made predominantly from a plant cellulose instead of PET plastic. The main ingredient is Eucalyptus Trees from sustainably farmed non-GMO plantations.
Plastic which can sometimes contain harsh chemicals which you don’t really want to be putting on your skin. Also if you wash this down the drain it may end up in the sea. Eco Stardust glitter has been created to marine and wastewater safe standards and is vegan.
Product information and Safety
- Cosmetic grade biodegradable glitter
- Super sparkly and colourful just like conventional glitter
- Soft and delicate on the skin (40% softer than conventional glitter)
- Made from sustainably farmed non-GMO plant cellulose
- Environmentally friendly
- Suitable for vegans and unicorns
- Cruelty-free – never tested on animals
- Biodegradable in natural environments (marine, soil, wastewater. etc)
- Certified for home composting
- EU/FDA cosmetic approval
- Store away from direct sunlight
Use only approved cosmetic balms or adhesives.
Skin: Apply a small amount of EcoStardust balm or cosmetic adhesive to the desired area, and then apply glitter on top. Remove with warm water and soap, or use your normal makeup remover.
Hair: Apply hair gel to desired area and then apply glitter on top. Remove with shampoo and water.
There are many ways to apply biodegradable glitter. Just pop something like beeswax, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, shea butter or un-petroleum jelly on wherever you want the glitter to stick and then dab the glitter on top. For a more long-lasting look we use eyelash glue 😉 You will wake up the next day with ALL your look still in place if you do this.
Rayon (Regenerated Cellulose), Glycerin, Aqua, Urea, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, [+/- Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140:1), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Black 2 (CI 77266), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Aluminium (CI 77000)]