We are excited to announce The Magic Brush’s new range of Prosthetics – great for your Halloween costumes!Do It Yourself Halloween and Costume Makeup effects at your fingertips!
Our prosthetics can be used on the face and body. They are easy to apply and you can purchase pre-painted or in a pack! Just select your option at checkout, the prices vary accordingly.
You can use our prosthetics to take your costume or body paint to the next level.
Made from Liquid Latex, our prosthetics are soft and comfortable to wear. If using in high motion areas such as mouth etc, we recommend adding a few ‘snips’ to ensure these move and don’t rip or pull off the skin.
Our liquid latex prosthetics are re-usable. Re-useable when handled with care, store out of light and remove by gently peeling off the skin, or with a little Isopropyl Alcohol.
Residues of glue on the skin can be removed with any Prosaide – Protac remover, Isopropyl Myristate, a make-up remover or an oily product such as olive oil.
We recommend Pro tac as the preferred adhesive however eyelash glue, spirit gum and latex are good alternatives.
Paint the prosthetics with make-up, waterbased facepaint products, PAX or Alcohol paints. Thinned & watered down acrylic paints will work too, use makeup or face paint to blend into skin.
- Ensure application area is clean and dry.
- You can use Isopropyl Alcohol / rubbing alcohol to remove skin oils.
- Thin layer or Pro-tac to skin and prosthetic, let both dry completely. (it’s stickier when dry)
- Attach prosthetic to skin. Ensure edges are down nice and flat. Stipple a pro-tac layer over edges.
- Build up pro-tac layer at edges if they are visible. Use a hair-dryer to dry quicker.
- Paint with Face Paint, Bruise Wheels, Star blend powders or Alcohol-activated paint.
- You can use stencils to create texture and complete your paint effect.
- Use Bloods if required.
- Use a sealer or barrier spray to seal completely so your makeup lasts longer.
- Use a sponge or brush and Isopropyl Myristate to lift edges gently.
- Soak the prosthetic in a layer of remover if the glue is being stubborn.
- Carefully work up edges and your piece. Do not rip off skin.
- If you want to re-use your piece, use small doses of Isopropyl Alcohol instead. (Myristate will break down your prosthetic peice)
The Magic Brush Slip Latex Prosthetics are perfect for Costume Parties, Cosplay, Events, Halloween and much more.
*please do not use if you have latex allergies or do a test for sensitivity. Please remove immediately if irritation occurs.